Quitting smoking can seriously boost your bank balance, giving you more money to spend on the things that matter.
How much is smoking costing you?
If you need added incentive to quit smoking, think about how much of your income is going up in smoke every week. The average 10-a-day smoker spends around £40 a week on tobacco. That’s over £2,000 a year!
Find out how much you could save when you quit by using the savings calculator below. Then think about how you could better spend that money…
How else will you save money?
When you quit smoking, you won’t just save money on tobacco, you’ll also save money on:
- lighters and lighter fluid
- gum and body spray to try and hide the smell
- replacing clothes that smell of smoke
- redecorating or replacing smoke damaged furniture
- less trips to the dentist due to a reduced risk of gum disease caused by smoking